Located on the St. Croix River, between the cities of Afton and Stillwater, Bayport is known for its scenic river views and warm, small town hospitality. Whether you are a resident or visitor, Bayport provides a variety of ways to enjoy and explore the river valley.
Outdoor enthusiasts take pleasure in swimming and boating on the calm waters of Lake St. Croix, as well as hiking and bird watching in the hill prairies of the St. Croix Savanna Natural Area. Unique, independent businesses and restaurants also enhance the character and charm of our historic town, and definitely aim to please shoppers and diners alike. Full of interesting places and friendly faces, easy to get to and hard to forget, Bayport is a place where everyone feels welcome. We look forward to serving you!
The Bayport City Council is committed to continuing the quality of services that its 3,500 residents enjoy today. This commitment is carried out by dedicated city employees at the City Hall, Library, Police Department, Public Works Department, and Fire Department.
Most city offices will be closed for business on the following days.
- New Year's Day: January 1 (or as observed)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 3rd Monday in January
- Presidents' Day: 3rd Monday in February
- Memorial Day: Last Monday in May
- Independence Day: July 4 (or as observed)
- Labor Day: First Monday in September
- Columbus Day: Second Monday in October
- Veterans' Day November: 11 (or as observed)
- Thanksgiving Day: 4th Thursday in November
- After Thanksgiving Day: 4th Friday in November
- Christmas Eve Day: December 24 (or as observed)
- Christmas Day: December 25 (or as observed)
- New Year's Eve Day: December 31 (or as observed)