Firearm & Ammunition Disposal

The Bayport Police Department does not currently take firearms and/or ammunition from citizens to be destroyed. If you have ammunition or a firearm that you wish to surrender for destruction, please contact one of the following local area resources. For further questions, you may contact the Bayport Police Department at 651-275-4400 or visit RecycleSearch.


The Washington County Sheriff's Office will take your unwanted firearms and destroy them. You can contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office Evidence Clerk at 651-430-7835 and make an appointment to turn in your unwanted firearms. Please note: The Sheriff's Office does not take ammunition or explosives.


Contact the Washington County Environmental Center at 651-430-6655 to request assistance with destruction of ammunitions, fireworks, or other explosives. The Washington County Environmental Center is located at:
4039 Cottage Grove Drive
Woodbury, MN 55129