Recycling & Solid Waste Collection
New City Residential Waste Hauler - Tennis Sanitation
Beginning in 2021, Tennis Sanitation will provide waste hauling services to residential customers in Bayport. The contract with Republic Services expires on December 31, 2020. The City Council's decision to transfer to Tennis was based on a comparison of services offered by other providers in the Twin Cities area, as well as the best overall price and value for residents.
Tennis waste carts will be delivered from December 21 through January 1. Customers will receive the same size trash cart currently in use and a 65-gallon recycling cart. Optional yard waste carts will be available in spring.
Customers should continue to use Republic Services carts through December 28 and then leave carts at the curb until collected by Republic. Customers should transition to new Tennis carts on December 29. Weekly collection of both trash and recycling by Tennis will begin January 4.
Residential Trash & Recycling Service
City ordinance requires all residents to have recycling and trash service through Tennis. If you are a new resident and need to sign up for collection service or are moving and need to cancel collection service, please contact 651-459-1887. Curbside pick-up of certain bulk and household items, as well as yard waste collection is available for an additional charge. For more information about these options and pricing visit Tennis Sanitation.
Residential Trash & Recycling Containers
Refuse will only be collected when contained in uniform trash and single-sort recycling containers provided by Tennis. To request a new or different size container, please contact 651-459-1887.
Residential trash and recyclables are collected on Monday morning. Containers should be placed out for collection by 6:30 am and placed out of public view as soon as possible, following collection. Both trash and recycling are collected every week.
Please note - Collection may be delayed:
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
For 2021, Tennis only delays service for the 6 major holidays if they fall on a weekday.
There are many local disposal and/or recycling sites that accept specialty items. For a list of these sites, as well as other helpful information on how to reuse, recycle, and dispose of household items and materials, please refer to specific resource materials in the following.
Dumpsters & Bulk Containers
Bulk containers are defined as a receptacle intended for the temporary storage or disposal of bulk materials generated from a special use or project. Use of bulk containers must comply with the regulations listed in the following, unless otherwise approved by the city.
- Containers must be located on private property, at least 5 feet from all property lines
- Containers must be supplied by a city licensed waste hauler or company (contact City Hall for a list of licensed haulers)
- Containers must be sized appropriately to contain all materials and lid must be able to close, if applicable
- Containers are limited to 1 per property; 2 containers allowed for construction of a new residential home
- Containers must be removed within 30 days after issuance of the city permit; 6 months for new residential home construction
Recycling Incentive Award Program
As an incentive to promote recycling in the community, the city randomly selects a property address each month. If their recycling cart is at the curb on regular pick-up day, they receive a Get Caught Recycling Award and $30. The Get Caught Recycling Award program is made possible by a generous grant from Washington County. The program is intended to increase and recognize recycling activity in the community and promote opportunities to recycle materials at a low or no cost to residents.
- 2021 to 2023 Tennis Sanitation Waste Hauler Contract (PDF)
- Washington County Environmental Center Drop Off Guide (PDF)
- Washington County Going Green Disposal Guide (PDF)
- Washington County Residential Recycling Resource Guide (PDF)
- Washington County Used Medication Disposal Guide (PDF)
- Washington County Yard Waste and Compost Sites (PDF)